I was searching for a new way to cook carrots and then I discovered this recipe. It meets all my criteria. It’s easy, fast, and delicious.
I love that the carrots take on a slightly sweet taste without being overwhelming. Plus, it seems like I always have fresh carrots in the fridge, so this recipe has become one of my favorites. Carrots Vichy also works with medium diced parsnips.
You could also use a 7-5/8" Petite Chef knife or 7" Santoku knife to cut the carrots. Whatever knife you use, try to cut the carrots into even slices for uniform cooking. Also, check out our handy tutorial on How to Slice Carrots.
For chopping the parsley, use the Petite Chef to shave leaves off the bunch and then rock your knife over the pile of parsley to chop.
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chopped parsley
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan except the parsley.
- Cook the carrots over medium heat until the water evaporates.
- Allow them to brown in the butter.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.