Become a mango master with this easy mango cutting video tutorial. Using a sharp utility knife that’s comfortable to hold, like the Cutco Trimmer, allows you to have good control while cutting and helps you maneuver around the flat, oblong pit in the center of the fruit.
Our friends at Alfred State College’s Culinary Arts program shared their easy technique for cutting mangos.
How to cut a mango:
- Using a Trimmer, trim off the ends of the fruit and stand it up flat on the cutting board.
- Trim off the skin around the mango from top to bottom.
- Slice off the fruit from top to bottom down one side of the oblong pit.
- Rotate the mango and cut the fruit off along the other side of the pit.
- Keeping the mango standing up on the cutting board, continue to cut off the remaining pieces around the pit.
- Lay the mango pieces flat on the cutting board and slice into strips.
- Rotate 90 degrees and cut crosswise to create a dice.