Here's a new way to use all that fresh corn being harvested this time of year. Cut the kernels from the cob to create this Fresh Corn Taco Bake and serve it as a side dish or as a dip with tortilla or pita chips.
Fresh Corn Taco Bake
- 8 ears fresh corn (in the husks)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 - 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced (depends on how much heat you like)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese blend, plus extra for serving
- 4 tablespoons stick salted butter, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the corn from the husks and slice the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and scrape the cobs to gets all the bits of kernels and the creamy milk inside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add the taco seasoning mix, following the directions on the package.
- Mix the corn, bell peppers, jalapeno, heavy cream, cheese and butter in a large bowl. Add the ground beef mixture and mix well. Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish and bake 30 – 45 minutes. Serve with additional cheese.