Easy Cobb Salad With Avocado and Blue Cheese
301 days agoSkip to recipe
Spring and summer always bring to mind fresh salads that include everything for a well-rounded meal. I’ll always keep fresh lettuce and other greens on hand so I can make creations based on what I have and what is available at the farmers market.
One of my favorite salads to make is a Cobb salad. The variations are endless and it’s full of vegetables, good fats, protein and more. While it’s difficult to mess with the traditional Cobb salad recipe, I’ve thrown in a few variations including some baby spinach, and I decided to use a store-bought dressing, specifically Greek salad dressing. The taste combination works really well with the ingredients found in this salad.
Prepping the Ingredients
One of the easiest ways to shred lettuce is to slice it using the 7-3/4" Petite Slicer. This makes nice even pieces of lettuce for your salad.
Once your bacon is cooked and cooled, use a 5" Petite Santoku to dice it and set it aside. Use the same knife to dice your cooked chicken.
A 4" Paring Knife is the perfect knife for quartering your hard-boiled eggs, as well as for thinly slicing the avocados and halving the cherry tomatoes.
Making Cobb Salad
Once your ingredients are prepped and ready, it’s time to put the salad together. You could simply put everything in a large bowl and toss the ingredients together but let’s face it, we eat with our eyes. So, taking the time to present the ingredients is appealing to both the eye and the stomach.
Start by placing your lettuce and spinach into a large bowl and tossing to mix these two ingredients. Make sure to cover both the bottom and up the sides of the bowl with the lettuce and spinach mixture. Starting from the left side, lay the diced bacon into a single strip over the lettuce and spinach. Next, put the grape tomatoes in a single strip, followed by the chicken.
Add the avocado next to the chicken, followed by the eggs and blue cheese crumbles. Sprinkle the chives over the bowl and, when you’re ready to serve, drizzle the Greek salad dressing over the entire bowl and toss. Alternatively, once the dish is presented, you can toss the ingredients dry and allow your guests to add their own dressing.
While some may not view salads as exciting, there is something about the presentation of this Easy Cobb Salad With Avocado and Blue Cheese that makes you want to dive right in. And yes, it is quite tasty. Change up the dressing if you want and even try different cheeses or different spices on the cooked chicken. You really can’t go wrong with this easy salad. Enjoy!
Cobb Salad With Avocado
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Greek salad dressing
- Place the lettuce and spinach into a bowl, mixing together and covering the bottom of the bowl and up the sides.
- Starting from the left side, lay the bacon pieces down in a strip, followed by the grape tomatoes and the chicken.
- Add the avocado, again laying it in a strip.
- Add the eggs and then the blue cheese crumbles.
- Sprinkle the chives over the bowl.
- When ready to serve, add the Greek salad dressing, toss and enjoy.