I had ordered something similar to this Air Fried Brussels Sprouts and Artichoke Salad at a restaurant while out to dinner with my husband. I expected it to be a warm salad, so when it came out cold I was a little worried that I wouldn’t enjoy my meal. It was actually quite the opposite. It was one of the tastiest salads I ever had dining out, so I had to recreate it at home, giving it my own twist to make it as nutrition-packed as possible.
This recipe includes one of my favorite all-time vegetables, Brussels sprouts. It also includes artichoke hearts which are often overlooked as an ingredient, but they are a highly nutritious vegetable.
Bottom line, this recipe is filled with fiber and flavor that’ll keep you full for hours. Make it as a side dish or a main meal.
Cutting the Vegetables
Prepping the ingredients takes no time at all. Halve the Brussels sprouts and mince the shallots and garlic with a 5″ Petite Santoku.
Because the celery is a little larger, use the 7″ Santoku to dice it.
Use the same knife to chop the fresh parsley, and the prep work is done.
Putting it All Together
Before cooking the veggies, make sure to pat the artichoke hearts dry. Add them with the Brussels sprouts and garlic to the air fryer to cook until they’re slightly crispy and browned, which takes about 15 minutes at 400 F.
While the veggies cool, make the citrus vinaigrette. Using a Mix-Stir, whisk together minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, water, kosher salt and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the cooled artichoke hearts and Brussels sprouts, and prepare for a salty, tangy taste sensation.
The slightly charred artichoke hearts and Brussels sprouts pair up nicely with Parmesan, lemon, and cannellini beans to make it well-balanced salad. It is bright, colorful, and epitomizes springtime.
Because this Air Fried Brussels Sprouts and Artichoke Salad recipe features hearty spring veggies, it holds up well in the fridge making it a great make-ahead recipe.
Nutrition per serving: 286 calories, 9.1 g total fat, 4.6 g saturated fat, 20 m g cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 36.7 g total carbohydrates, 13.5 g fiber, 21.2 g protein
Air Fried Brussels Sprouts and Artichoke Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cans (14-ounce) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 can (15.5-ounce) cannellini beans, drained
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, make extra for topping, if desired
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 F.
- Pat drained artichoke hearts well with a towel, then transfer to a bowl with the Brussels sprouts. Toss with minced garlic and olive oil. Transfer them to an air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and browned, let them cool for a couple of minutes, and add to a large bowl with cannellini beans, celery and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, water, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with a little bit more Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.