How to Cut Acorn Squash
152 days ago
Learn how to cut acorn squash in a safe and efficient way. It opens the possibilities for delicious recipes.
7-5/8" Petite Chef
The 7-5/8" Petite Chef is a good knife for cutting acorn squash. Its sharp, long blade and comfortable handle allow for more control while cutting.
How to Cut an Acorn Squash
- Using a 7-5/8" Petite Chef knife, slice off the stem end of the squash.
- Lay the squash flat on cutting board, resting on the stem end and cut in half.
- Scoop out the seeds using an Ice Cream Scoop or sturdy spoon.
- Stand the squash half upright and flat on the cutting board and trim off the skin with a 2-3/4" Paring Knife.
- Lay the halves flat on the cutting board and slice crosswise.
- For dicing, rotate the slices and cut crosswise to dice.
Good to Know!
- The skin of the acorn squash is edible, so if you want to keep the skin intact that’s okay.
- Save the seeds and roast them!