Have you ever had friends call and say they were stopping by for a quick visit? I think at one time or another, we all have. Do you hate the thought of opening a bag of chips and putting some store-bought dip in a bowl? Me too. So what’s the answer? These quick, easy and tasty Skillet Chicken Nachos that can be served directly from the pan they’re baked in.
Made with readily available ingredients, these nachos can be prepped in about 15 minutes. While you’re pouring drinks for everyone, this can be baking in the oven.
Prepping the Nachos
The 7-3/4" Petite Slicer easily cuts through the baguette without any ripping or tearing of the crusty outside or the soft inside, making smooth, even slices. The sliced bread takes the place of tortilla chips for these nachos.
Thank heaven for rotisserie chicken. It can be used in so many ways. For this dish, use two forks to shred both white and dark meat for a tasty combination.
I also prefer using Roma tomatoes because of their sweet flavor. A good tomato knife, like Cutco’s Trimmer, slices through them beautifully.
As you can tell these Skillet Chicken Nachos have an Italian flair, so of course the recipe includes garlic. Use the 7" Santoku to mince it.
Putting the Nachos Together
This is such an easy recipe. Just add the sliced baguette to the bottom of a 12" Gourmet Fry Pan, drizzle on some olive oil, season and layer on the cheese, chicken, tomatoes and basil. Place it in the oven until it’s toasty and the cheese is melted. A drizzle of balsamic glaze tops it all off before serving.
It is fun to gather everyone around, dig directly into the pan and pull out a slice of bread piled high with all the gooey, flavorful toppings. Be prepared for this to disappear in a matter of minutes.
Skillet Chicken Nachos
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used Roma tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic glaze
- Heat oven to 400 F. Layer the bottom of a large skillet with slices of the baguette. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, garlic and salt.
- Top with a layer of mozzarella, shredded chicken, tomatoes, basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Repeat one more layer of mozzarella, shredded chicken and chopped tomatoes.
- Bake until the bread is toasted and cheese melts, 18 to 20 minutes. Cover with foil if bread gets too brown.
- Garnish with additional Italian seasoning and drizzle with balsamic glaze.