Social Media Agreement
The following terms and conditions shall define the rights and permissions granted under this Agreement, which shall be binding upon you sending the HASHTAG #CUTCOYES to @CUTCOCUTLERY. This License Agreement shall be between you and CUTCO Corporation and its subsidiaries (hereinafter "CUTCO").
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are the sole owner of the Content.
- You give Cutco Corporation full license to use the Content on all company websites, email, social media, catalogs, and any marketing materials for promotional or any purposes.
- You give Cutco Corporation a license to use your name, image, and other information associated with this Content.
- You ensure that you have the third party rights to your Content and that nothing in your Content is offensive or inappropriate.
- You release Cutco Corporation from any and all liability and you promise to not sue Cutco Corporation for its use of the Content as described.
- You represent and warrant that you are (a) at least 18 years old and (b) that you own and control all rights, title and interest in and to the Content you license or that you have all rights, permissions and consents necessary to post said Content (including but not limited to the right to use names, images and likenesses of any third party referenced or appearing in content); (c) have all rights necessary to provide Cutco Corporation with the license and rights set forth in Section 3 below; and (d) have complied with all applicable laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the Content. For the purposes of this Agreement, Content means photographs, text, graphics, moving images, sound, illustrations or any other materials (including any associated metadata or location information) (collectively, Content). For purposes of clarification, Content also includes any profile information you allow Cutco Corporation to access from third party social media platforms (such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the platform.
- You hereby grant to Cutco Corporation a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, continuous, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and publicly display the Content you submit, in whole or in part, on Cutco Cutlerys social media accounts, on or in any digital platforms or print marketing materials of Cutco Corporation (including websites, apps, email and print catalogs), and on third-party websites and apps for any purpose, including for promotional and publicity purposes. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, (a) this license includes, and you expressly consent to, Cutco Corporations right to use and publicly display your name, image, likeness and persona; and (b) nothing in this license transfers your ownership of the Content to Cutco Corporation. Nothing in this license requires Cutco Corporation to use or publish your Content in any specific way or on a specific platform or use or publish your Content at all.
- Any statements, remarks or claims contained or depicted in your Content will reflect your honest views and experiences. When referencing or depicting brands, products or services in your Content, you further agree to disclose any material connections you may have with Cutco Corporation or other third-party brands or sellers (such as if you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products/services). You also agree to provide supporting information or documentation related to these statements, remarks, claims, views and experiences at Cutco Corporations request.
- You understand that you will not be paid for Cutco Corporations use of your Content as described in this License Agreement. Each of us will bear our own expenses associated with this License Agreement.
- You agree to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Cutco Corporation to effect, perfect or evidence the representations and/or licenses and rights set forth in this License Agreement.
- You agree that you will not submit Content that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of another;
- includes material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- displays, describes or encourages the use of a product or service that could be offensive, inappropriate or harmful to Cutco Corporation or any other person or depicts the use of a product in a manner that is contrary to any instruction or warnings relating to the product;
- impinges upon or violates the publicity, privacy or data protection
hts s; or<
- makes or includes false or misleading statements, claims or depictions about a person, company, product or service.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that in conjunction with the production of your Content, you have not inflicted emotional distress or abuse on other people, have not publicly humiliated other people, have not assaulted, stalked or threatened other people, have not entered onto private property without permission, have not impersonated any other person or misrepresented your affiliation, title, or authority, and have not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, and/or liability of any kind. Cutco Corporation will reject and/or remove any Content in which Cutco Corporation believes, in its sole discretion, that any such activities have occurred.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to release, discharge and indemnify Cutco Cutlery and its employees, contractors, sponsors or any other person acting under Cutco Cutlerys permission or authority, from any liability, claim, damage, judgment, cost, loss, expense (including reasonable attorneys fees), by virtue of any publication or use of the Content you submit or the name, image, likeness, persona or other information you provide in connection with such Content. You further agree to waive any rights to injunctive relief you may have in connection with this License Agreement.
- This is the entire agreement between you and Cutco Corporation in relation to the Content youre licensing. If a court finds any provision of this License Agreement to be unreasonable or unenforceable in any respect, you agree that this License Agreement will nonetheless be enforced to the maximum extent to which it is found by the court to be legally enforceable.
- This License Agreement will be governed by applicable federal law and the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its choice of law rules. Nothing herein will be interpreted as a waiver of Cutco Corporations rights to the Content under federal and state common law and statutes (such as rights of public domain and fair use).