From Dorothy Reinhold of www.shockinglydelicious.com
If you think you have nothing to eat in the house, think again. With pasta and a handful of pantry items you can have a delicious dinner. Add a few fresh selections and it becomes sublime!
Weeknight Easy Pantry Pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) box orechhiette pasta (or your favorite shape)
- 1 (15- to 16-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (6-ounce) package steamed artichoke hearts
- 24 jarred pitted olives (black or green, your choice)
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) container fresh mozzarella pearls
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives (try snipping with your kitchen shears!)
- Baby arugula
- 1/2 cup Shaved Parmesan
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water, following package instructions for timing to cook al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, chop roasted red peppers and add them to a large mixing bowl. Chop artichoke hearts and quarter olives and add them to the bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Add parsley, mozzarella and chives to the bowl, and stir gently to combine.
- When pasta is done, drain it in a colander.
- Add a handful of baby arugula to 4 wide, shallow bowls (or dinner plates). Top with hot pasta (which will slightly wilt the arugula), then portion the sauce among the 4 bowls, spooning it atop the pasta.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan and serve.