Whether you're looking for a cool summer side dish, potluck recipe or a refreshing lunch idea, here is a healthy Greek salad recipe that covers it all.
This Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad includes some of the best vegetables that summer has to offer – tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and bell peppers. Tossed with Kalamata olives and feta cheese in a light, flavorful dressing, it offers up delicious Greek flavors.
Make sure to add it to your easy summer sides repertoire.
Nutrition info (per serving): 196 calories, 17g fat (3g sat), 7mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 2.5g protein
Greek Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- A heaping half cup crumbled feta cheese
- With a Mix-Stir, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano and dill weed together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Gently fold in feta cheese and serve chilled.