Whether you’re looking for a cool summer side dish, potluck recipe or a refreshing lunch idea, this Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad recipe covers it all.
It includes some of the best vegetables that summer has to offer – tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and bell peppers. Tossed with Kalamata olives and feta cheese, in a light, flavorful dressing, it offers up delicious Greek flavors.
The dressing for this dish is simple, but it has amazing flavor. It’s a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, oregano and fresh dill. You may want to whip up some extra and save it to use on other salads or to dip crusty bread into.
This Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad is easy to throw together and tastes even better when it marinates for a couple of hours. It’s filled with veggies, healthy fats and tons of flavor. Adding some protein like tuna fish or chicken would make a great one-dish meal.
Make sure to add this Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad recipe to your easy summer sides repertoire.
Nutrition info (per serving): 196 calories, 17g fat (3g sat), 7mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 2.5g protein
Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- A heaping half cup crumbled feta cheese
- With a Mix-Stir, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano and dill weed together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Gently fold in feta cheese and serve chilled.