There’s more than one way to cut an apple, but this method is great for using in cakes, crisps and cobblers. It creates larger chunks of apples for recipes requiring a longer baking time.
Watch culinary trainer Lynn Novo show you how to cut an apple, using Cutco’s 4" Paring Knife.
How to Cut Apples
- Peel the apple using a 4" Paring Knife.
- Slice off the ends of the apple.
- Lay the apple flat on the cutting board and use a tunnel grip to cut the apple in half.
- Lay the halves down flat on the cutting board and cut them in half, so you have four quarters.
- Place the quarters flat on the cutting board, angle the knife and cut away the core.
- Rotate the quarters and cut them crosswise into desired size.