Cobbler is the perfect warm weather dessert to highlight fresh fruit. This recipe from our Registered Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist Erin Burch comes together in no time and is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Apple Berry Cobbler
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, sucanat or white sugar
- 2/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Slice apples and berries and place into a prepared baking dish.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and add cornstarch.
- Mix together baking powder, additional cinnamon, sweetener of choice and almond flour. Gently stir in butter.
- Add the hot water until it is the consistency of sweet bread batter.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and bake at 425°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.