- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple in juice
- cupcake liners
- 4 ounces 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 ? 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- To make the the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, with a Mix-Stir whisk together the sugars, oil and eggs.
- Stir carrot, zucchini and pineapple into sugar mixture.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir until moistened.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill each about two-thirds full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the frosting. Combine cream cheese and butter in bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
- Note: This recipe can also be baked in a 13 x 9 pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.