Summer Corn, Couscous and Cherry Tomato Salad
6-8 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 4 ears sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (cilantro, chives, parsley and/or mint)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon P.S. Flavor!? Citrus Spice (or 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
- 1 teaspoon P.S. Flavor!? Creole Kitchen, divided (or kosher salt and black pepper, to taste)
- In a medium-sized skillet, toast the couscous on low-to-medium heat until lightly browned.
- One at a time, using a sharp chef knife, lay an ear of corn on cutting board and cut straight down between the kernels and cob to remove the kernels, rotating the ear after each cut. Transfer the kernels to a large colander and set in sink.
- In a medium pan, combine water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the toasted couscous, adjust the heat to a simmer, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the couscous over the corn, allowing the hot water to drain through the kernels. Drain well and let cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the salad, combine the couscous, corn, tomatoes, baby spinach, herbs, olive oil, vinegar and seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.