Plum, Peach and Jicama Salad with Plum Vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 small plums, cut in quarters and pitted with skin still attached
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, pinch
- Freshly ground black pepper, pinch
For the salad:
- 3 plums, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup jicama, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into strips (chiffonade)
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
Prepare the vinaigrette:
- In a small saucepan add the plums, vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and when the plum is cooked down, remove from heat and remove the skins.
- Whisk the dressing together and chill.
- Whisk again before serving and refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Prepare the salad:
- Toss plums, peaches and jicama together and set aside.
- Add the arugula, shallot, basil and mint to a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the fruit and jicama to the arugula mixture and gently toss to combine the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with plum vinaigrette and serve.