- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 7-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup jarred pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green olive with pimento, cut in half (for the eyes)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Unroll dough and starting from center, press out dough to form 15x9-inch rectangle.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until slightly browned. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the pesto down center of dough to within 2 1/2 inches of long sides and within 1/2-inch of short sides. Top with the spinach mixture, mozzarella and feta cheese.
- With a Pizza Cutter, make cuts 2 inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling.
- Pinch edges to seal. Brush egg over dough. Place the olives at top of dough to look like eyes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut crosswise into slices and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.