Meatloaf Muffins with Sweet Potato Topping
4-8 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ground turkey in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and sauté, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add cooked vegetable mixture to ground turkey. Add ketchup, sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Using your hands or a spoon, mix well to combine.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among 8 wells of a greased muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- While meatloaves are baking, steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and puree sweet potatoes, ketchup and sea salt.
- Scoop topping onto meatloaves or fill a plastic zip-top with topping, trim the corner of the bag with a scissors and pipe topping onto meatloaves.