Creamy Greek Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced fine (depending on how strong you want your dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or milk, but buttermilk is best)
- 8 tablespoons or more Creamy Greek Dressing
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, cucumbers, celery and red onion
- 32 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoon pine nuts
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce
Make the Dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except the buttermilk for one minute. With the blender or food processor running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and blend until thick and creamy (turn off the blender/food processor as soon as the dressing thickens or it may curdle).
- Chill at least 1 hour. Refrigerate, tightly covered. This makes nearly 2 cups of dressing and stays fresh for 3-4 days. If the dressing separates, just give it a whirl in the blender again.
- Tip: Replace half the milk with fat-free yogurt
Make the salad:
- Divide the listed ingredients among the 4 jars, layering in the order listed
- To serve, shake the salad and eat from the jar or pour into a bowl.