Halloween Appetizer Sandwiches
12 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3-inch pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter
- 2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with non-stick foil.
- Unroll pie crusts. Using the pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut 24 pumpkin shapes. Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut out the eyes, nose and mouth from 12 of the cut-outs.
- Using the 2-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds of ham and 24 rounds of sliced Cheddar.
- Place 2 slices of Cheddar on each of the solid pumpkins; top with 2 slices of ham. Brush beaten egg around the edges and top with pumpkins with cut-out faces. Press edges together to seal.
- Place on prepared pan. Brush tops with egg wash and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a light golden color. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving tip: Have spicy mustard, seasoned mayo or other condiments on hand for dipping.