Grilled Pesto Chicken with Tomatoes
6 servingsBack to recipe
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (for tomatoes)
- 1-1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse basil, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing, until smooth consistency.
- In a plastic bag, marinate chicken, pesto, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice for at least 1 hour.
- Using a utility knife, like the Cutco Trimmer, cut each tomato in half. Gently remove the seeds with your fingers, and coarsely chop and place in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, use a whisk to combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of pepper. Pour this over the tomatoes and combine well.
- Remove the chicken from the pesto, shaking to remove excess marinade, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Grill – turning once until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Top with marinated tomatoes and serve.