Fire and Ice Watermelon Poke Salad
6 portionsBack to recipe
- 6 cups watermelon, diced into ¾ inch cubes, chilled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- Toasted pistachios or pumpkin seeds, optional garnish
- Lettuce leaves and flatbread crisps, optional
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, honey, ginger, Sriracha and jalapeños. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, drain off any juice from chilled watermelon. Gently toss with the lime juice mixture and fresh herbs. At serving, garnish with nuts, if using, and serve with lettuce leaves and flatbread crisps, as desired.