- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces sopressata (salami), diced
- 3 ounces Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup sun gold tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 6-8 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Using a Vegetable Peeler, peel the zucchini and yellow squash vertically into thin noodles (stopping when you reach the seeds of the squash).
- Place the zucchini and squash noodles on paper towels to allow the noodles to drain any excess moisture.
- In a separate bowl, make the vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Place the noodles into a large bowl and add the cheese, sopressata, olives, tomatoes, red onion, pepperoncini and basil – tossing gently.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the noodle mixture and serve.