- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 small head of cabbage (2 to 2.5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a 7-5/8" Petite Chef cube the bacon and julienne cut the onion.
- Use the 7-5/8" Petite Chef to quarter and core the cabbage and then the 7-3/4" Petite Slicer to slice it.
- Add the bacon and canola oil to a large pot over medium heat, cook until half way done and add the onions. Stir frequently.
- When bacon is done and onions are starting to brown, add cabbage and stir to coat with the oil.
- Cook and stir until cabbage is starting wilt.
- Add chicken stock and vinegar.
- Reduce stock and vinegar to 1/4.
- Add apples and brown sugar, cook for five minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.