- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- Low-sugar barbecue sauce
- Coleslaw, for serving (option)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into about ¾-inch thick slices—start at the middle and work your way out.
- Brush both sides of each sweet potato slice with oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, mix shredded chicken with your favorite low-sugar barbecue sauce.
- Serve a handful of chicken on a sweet potato bun and top with coleslaw. (Try it with our Easy Summer Coleslaw recipe)