- 5 large garlic cloves (more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 3/4 cups canola oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of ice water
- Rest the flat side of a 7-5/8" Petite Chef on the garlic clove and smash it by pressing down on the flat side of the knife with the heel of your hand. Remove the papery skin and cut off root tip. Finely mince garlic.
- Add salt and lemon juice to a food processor.
- With processor running, stream oil very slowly. If your processor has an oil hole in the lid use that. After about a ¼ cup of oil has been added, stream in about 1 tablespoon of ice water. Continue alternating oil and ice water until all oil is incorporated.
- Add in garlic and pulse a couple times.
- Place sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate. It will stay good for several weeks.