Asparagus and Pea Salad
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas cut into thirds
- 1 small sweet red pepper, small diced
- 1 small red onion, small diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta
- 1 cup candied walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water to blanche. Drain and pat dry.
To make the Salad
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, tomatoes, snap peas, red pepper and onion. Drizzle dressing over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, stir in cheese, nuts and cherries.