- 1 bag (14 oz.) bread cubes
- 3 to 4 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 cans artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 medium to large onion finely minced
- 1 box (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 sticks butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large fry pan melt one stick butter and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the celery and cook another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl then pour over the onion and celery mix, add artichokes, seasonings and pour in the chicken broth.
- When stuffing is well mixed adjust taste and adjust seasonings if necessary – pour into casserole. Melt second stick of butter and pour over the top of the stuffing.
- Bake for 20 minutes to heat through and brown top. Tip: This is a moist stuffing and is best cooked in a casserole, not in the turkey.