Winter Sangria With Apple, Pear, Orange and Lime
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 orange, sliced into half moons
- 1 lime, sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 750 milliliter bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja (Tempranillo)
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup apple brandy
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon stick, orange slice, lime wedge
- Place sliced fruit into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and cinnamon until fruit is coated. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer fruit into a large pitcher and add the red wine, apple cider and brandy. Stir and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve in clear glasses over ice. Garnish with desired fruit or a cinnamon stick.