Winter Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
6 ServingsBack to recipe
For the salad:
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (we used a mix containing baby spinach, lettuces, and greens)
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the citrus vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put walnut halves in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, walnuts, oranges and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together.
- To serve, divide the salad green mixture into individual servings. Sprinkle with goat cheese and drizzle with dressing.