- 2 small watermelons, seedless
- 8 ounces lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 1 lime, cut into slices or half slices
- 1 lemon, cut into slices or half slices
- 8 sprigs of mint
- Ice cubes
- Cut the top off of the first watermelon (approximately 1/3 of the way down). Using the Salmon Knife, cut carefully around the inside of the watermelon. Using a 9" Carver, carefully cut rows of slices into the larger piece of watermelon. Turn the watermelon 180 degrees and cut rows of slices – forming a patchwork pattern.
- Using a Basting Spoon, scoop out the watermelon flesh. Repeat the same process with the second watermelon.
- Place all of the watermelon flesh into a blender and add the lemon juice and sugar. Purée. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the sparkling water.
- Put some ice into both hollowed-out watermelons and fill them with the watermelon lemonade. Add some lime and lemon slices, as well as some sprigs of mint. For any excess watermelon lemonade, add ice to a pitcher and pour the watermelon lemonade over the ice, adding the lime and lemon slices, as well as the mint.
- To serve from the watermelons, use a ladle to scoop the watermelon lemonade into glasses.
- Optional – cut the tops of the watermelon into slices and use as a garnish on the serving glasses.