8-10 ServingsBack to recipe
- 3-3 1/2 pounds tomatoes - 4 cups coarsely chopped, 2 cups small diced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 pound seedless watermelon, peeled - 1 cup coarsely chopped, 1 cup small diced
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled and seeded - 1 cup coarsely chopped, 1 cup diced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon P.S. Flavor!™ Citrus Spice, or sugar in the raw and 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon P.S. Flavor!™ Creole Kitchen, or kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced chives or additional sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1 jalapeņo, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a food processor, puree the 4 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes with the tomato juice and the 1 cup each of the coarsely chopped watermelon and cucumber. Transfer the soup to a large bowl. Stir in the 2 cups diced tomato, 1 cup diced watermelon, and 1 cup diced cucumber, the vinegar, olive oil, and fresh lime juice; season with Citrus Spice and Creole Kitchen. Stir in the scallions, jalapeños and cilantro. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle the chives or sliced scallions on top.