Sweet Potatoes with Crumb Topping
- 6 large sweet potatoes, baked until fork tender
- 1 cup Crumb Topping
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 4 ounces trans-fat-free margarine (such as Smart Balance)
- Heat oven to 375 F. Scrub the potatoes and bake for an hour or so. The time will depend on the size of the potatoes.
- Cool and slice 1/4 inch thick. Lay in casserole dish and top with 1 cup Crumb Topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Exchanges 2 starch
Crumb Topping Only:
- Place all ingredients in food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Process until the butter is incorporated into the mixture.
- You will still have some large crumbs.
*This makes enough crumb topping to use on several pies, tarts, or batches of muffins. I like to prepare this and keep it in the freezer for a quick finishing touch on baked goods, too.
Serving size 1 tablespoon
Exchanges 1/2 carbohydrate