Sweet Potato, Apple and Quinoa Salad
10 -12 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large Granny Smith apples cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups packed baby greens such as arugula or kale or a combination of both
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the quinoa and toast over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 3 cups water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 16 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff and spread out on a baking sheet and refrigerate until chilled.
- On another baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. Let cool.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil (6 tablespoons) with the vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chilled quinoa, sweet potatoes, apples, parsley, onion and greens and toss well. Serve immediately.