Sweet Pea, Lemon and Parmesan Dip
- 4 cups frozen sweet peas, defrosted
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- Baguette, sliced and toasted
- In a food processor, process until smooth the defrosted sweet peas, ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, zest of 1 lemon, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, mint, garlic, kosher salt and black pepper.
- If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon olive oil at a time and process until smooth.
- Transfer dip to a bowl. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and additional lemon zest.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.