- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- Combine all of the ingredients except the broth into a large freezer bag. Lay the bag flat and ensure as much air as possible is removed and seal.
- When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pour ingredients into a slow cooker, add broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve as a soup or over rice or quinoa.