- Flank steak (2 pounds)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Butterfly the flank steak with a Boning Knife. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the steak, layer on spinach, followed by blue cheese and roasted red pepper.
- Roll the flank steak up lengthwise. Tie the roll with cotton twine that’s been soaked in water, at 2-inch intervals. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 12 to 15 minutes on each side on medium heat or until desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer for a more accurate temperature (130-135 degrees F for medium-rare, 145 degrees F for medium).
- Let the steak rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Other ideas for stuffing: Olive tapenade Pesto and provolone cheese or mushrooms, onions and peppers