Spicy Fresh Pineapple and Pepper Salad
6 ServingsBack to recipe
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup orange pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium serrano pepper, seeded and minced (substitute jalapeno pepper if serrano is not available)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup shelled, chopped roasted/unsalted pistachios, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, peppers, lime juice, oil and salt. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably 2.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios just before serving.
- Serving suggestions: as a small side dish, topping for bruschetta or added to a bowl of rice, quinoa, lentils or greens.