- 2 pounds Gala or Honeycrisp apples, or a mix of apples, peeled, cored, and cut into medium dice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar in the raw
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons P.S. Flavor!™ Mai Chai, or cinnamon and a pinch of salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup apple juice or cider, if needed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place a rack in the lower third of your oven; heat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix diced apple with lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon Mai Chai, and dried cranberries until combined. Add apple juice or cider, if apples are not juicy. Transfer to a 9" diameter pie dish or 1-quart baking dish.
- Stir oil and maple syrup in a medium bowl to combine. Add flour, oats, salt, pecans, coconut and remaining Mai Chai, and work until mixture comes together in loose clumps. Scatter over apple mixture.
- Place crisp on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 35-45 minutes. If the granola seems to be browning too quickly, cover the baking dish carefully with foil for all but the last few minutes of baking time, then remove the foil to allow it to re-crisp.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving (with yogurt, whipped cream, ice cream or ricotta crème). Or, cool completely to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (delicious as breakfast topped with Greek yogurt, too).