Slow Cooker Orange Chicken With Broccoli
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 3 green onions, cut on the bias
- Serve with rice or quinoa
- In a large re-sealable bag, combine the chicken, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Open the bag and dump everything into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the red pepper over the chicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the stock, zest, orange juice, marmalade, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the peppers and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Right before the chicken is ready, blanch the broccoli so it’s tender, yet crisp and stir into the crockpot mixture.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.