Simple Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 plum tomatoes, large dice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 springs fresh thyme (optional)
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss tomatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly onto baking pan toss with fresh thyme. Bake for 1-1 ½ hours until partially dried but still retaining some moisture.
- Discard thyme and cool tomatoes.
- Use in fresh pasta dishes, salads, sauces and toppings.