Seven Bean Casserole
18 ServingsBack to recipe
- 2 15-ounce cans pork and beans
- 1 16-ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 18-ounce bottles barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Note: We found 15, 15 1/2 and 16 ounce cans of beans, depending on the brand. Any of those sizes will work well in this recipe.
- Place all the beans in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Using 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings, (discard the rest), cook and stir the onion, yellow and red peppers, garlic, chipotle pepper and black pepper until the vegetables are tender. Add the vegetables to the beans and mix. Stir in the barbecue sauce, brown sugar and cider vinegar. Lastly, add the bacon and mix well. Pour into a large casserole dish or Dutch oven.
- Bake covered for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until heated through.
Note: We found 15, 15 1/2 and 16-ounce cans of beans, depending on the brand. Any of those sizes will work well in this recipe.