- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 4 very ripe bananas, 3 mashed and 1 sliced
- 1/2 cup store-bought salted caramel topping plus more for drizzling (or add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to regular caramel)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg and egg yolk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined. Fold in mashed bananas and caramel.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and scatter banana slices on top. Bake about 60 minutes or until deeply golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely. Drizzle with additional caramel.