Roasted Rutabaga with Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 pounds rutabagas, large dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 400 degrees to heat up while you prepare the rutabaga (this allows the pan to heat up while you prepare the rutabaga).
- Cut the rutabaga into a large dice.
- Put the rutabaga into a large bowl and add the olive oil, maple syrup, Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Toss gently.
- Using a Slotted Spoon, place the rutabaga on the hot baking sheet in a single layer – reserving the liquid in the bowl.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then drizzle the remaining liquid mixture from the bowl over the rutabaga. Cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the rutabaga is crisp and brown.