6 ServingsBack to recipe
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp with tails left on (12-15 shrimp per pound)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, divided
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 extra large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Angel hair pasta or rice
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw according to package directions. Pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the shrimp, toss gently and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the butter and garlic mix.
- In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well combined.
- Using a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer, cut side down with the tails curling up. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the garlic butter mix evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10-12 minutes until hot and bubbly. Place under broiler for 1 – 2 minutes to lightly brown the top.
- Serve alone with lemon wedges or over angel hair pasta or rice.