- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen*)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour chicken broth into the slow cooker. Place chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. *If using frozen chicken, you do not need the chicken broth.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Place chicken in large bowl. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes on low for additional moisture and flavor.
- Divide chicken into 2 cup (or more/less, depending on your needs) portions and place into freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to 4 months. Add chicken to sandwiches, soups, tacos and casseroles.