For the filling:
- 1/2 cup ricotta, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
For the pastries:
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 plums, pit removed and thinly sliced
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup warm honey, for drizzling
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, goat cheese, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract and sugar until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Take two sheets of phyllo dough and lay on a flat surface. Brush the top sheet lightly with butter. Fold the two phyllo sheets in half and brush the top with butter. Fold in half again and brush the top with butter. Fold once more and brush again with butter. You should end up with a 4-by-6-inch rectangle. Repeat this process with remaining 10 sheets of phyllo, using approximately 2 tablespoons butter per pastry. Lay pastry packages on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each pastry sheet with the ricotta and goat cheese filling, distributing evenly. Top each pastry with sliced plums (enough to cover the filling but not overlapping) and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over each pastry.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and drizzle lightly with honey. Serve at room temperature.
- If desired, cut pastries in half to make 12 small servings.