- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 precooked Italian chicken sausage links, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cut off ends of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, take out the seeds of each half, leaving a little bit of the flesh, on each end to prevent the filling from running out.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, mozzarella, and pesto until well combined.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly into hollowed out zucchini.
- Place chicken sausage on top of cheese mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until zucchini is cooked and cheese is golden brown.