- 1 3/4 cups of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large green scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Defrost peas and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add scallions and cook for approximately 3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in cream, mint and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and cook until a wooden spoon drawn across the bottom of the pan leaves a trail. Add peas then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with mint (optional) and serve immediately.