Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
10 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 10 ounces mini penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 20 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot on medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion, garlic and cubed chicken and cook over medium heat.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add the pasta, water and bouillon cube. Stir well.
- Immediately place the broccoli over the top and place your lid on. Cook on medium heat, 10-12 minutes or until pasta and broccoli are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, milk, cheeses, a small pinch of nutmeg, and some salt and pepper.